The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AppleScript examples? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm interested in pushing data out of FileMaker Pro into OmniPlan.

From the available interfaces, it looks like AppleScript might be my best bet. (Although being able to IMPORT CSV files would be easier.)

Are there any AppleScript examples that OmniFolk or others have made that they would be interested in sharing?

TIA

OmniPlan has csv support, though we recognize it has problems parsing and mapping data. I'd love for you to try it out and let us know. There is no File->Import menu item or anything... just open your .csv file in OmniPlan. Cleverly, the importer currently defaults to TAB delimited columns (in csv? Right.) but we'll change that. Date parsing it also rather... tetchy.

If you need more control than the column mapping offers, Applescript can probably do what you want. Here's something I banged together which is, of course, hugely rudimentary:

Code:
tell application "OmniPlan"
	set myDoc to make new document
	tell myDoc
		set Myself to make new resource with properties {kind:person, efficiency:2, name:"Tom", cost per hour:200.0}
		set MyTask to make new task with properties {name:"Cure Cancer", duration:8.0}
		assign MyTask to Myself
	end tell
end tell