The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How can I remove a link? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
That's driving me nuts...
I have some links in a document, and I just want to eliminate one of them without deleting the "clickable" part of the text (the link "title"). In other words, I'd like to convert a hyperlink to simple text. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks!

Unchecking:

OO > Preferences > General > Attachments > Automatically create attachments from typed URLs

would enable you to paste the URL text without it being converted into an attachment button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Unchecking:

OO > Preferences > General > Attachments > Automatically create attachments from typed URLs

would enable you to paste the URL text without it being converted into an attachment button.
thank you!
But, in fact, I was searching for a way to selectively delete or modify a single link...
I suppose you can't...

What isn't clear to me is whether the links you speak of are the kind you get with the preference Rob mentioned (Automatically create attachments from typed URLs) turned on, or the kind you get by selecting some text, control-clicking and selecting Make Link from the popup menu. Assuming they are the latter, you can select the text, control-click to get the popup menu, choose Edit Link... and enter an empty field for the link destination. That will convert the link back to text with no magic link characteristics. If you've got the fancier attachment sort of link, you can click the little triangle at the left to open it, select the contents shown on the lower line, copy, then select the entire blob and paste. In either case you'll want to have the Automatically create... preference turned off. Changing that setting only affects what you do from that point on, it doesn't alter the existing links or URL text strings.