The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Save window size doesn't save position Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe this doesn't count as a bug, as the function does what it says, but I'd like it to do more. :-)

First, I don't know what that menu item is called in English; what I mean is the menu item in the "Window" menu that, translated from German, is called "Save window size".

I'd like OW to pop up always at the same position when I start it. Which it does, actually, but not at the position I want it to. :-)

I should be at the left- and topmost position possible. It is at a position slightly down and to the right of the upper left corner of the screen, though - just like cascading windows, if it was the second one.

It's quite annoying to always have to put the window back to the position where I'd like it to be.

So: Please make that menu item save the window position, also.

And meanwhile: Does anybody have some workspace trick at hand that might accomplish the same? My workspace #1, which I use for daily work, isn't set to be saved. Is there maybe some clever trick to save it once, and with it the window position, and then set it not to be saved again, still retaining the window position?

If you make a snapshot of a workspace but don't have the workspace auto-save, it will restore the snapshot when you go to that workspace. This should accomplish what you want--and might actually explain why your saving window position doesn't work the way you like (I thought it did save window position as well--though it isn't an operation I worry about personally).

Ok, it does, but this is not what I was looking for. :-)

I did a snapshot, and now when I start OW, it will open at the window position I want it to—but it will take me to this thread, not to my start page. X-)

I want OW to open with my start page, with the window size and window position I want it to.

Is there some way to achieve that?

And, btw, how do I get OW to use my start page again? X-)

Ok, just take a snapshot of the start page. Could have thought of that in the first place. X-)

Works great now, thanks.