The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Canvas color Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to change the canvas color so one can have a colored instead of white background?

There's a feature request that's open on that, but it's not currently possible.

However, you can do the following as a work-around for the missing feature:
  1. Disable the "Auto-size canvas" option in the Canvas inspector.
  2. Zoom your document out: you want the canvas to be smaller than the screen.
  3. In draw mode, draw a shape that's larger than the canvas.
  4. Turn off the stroke for the shape and set the fill for the shape to whatever color you'd prefer.

Bit of a hack, but it should hold you until we get the ability to color the canvas into the app. Hope this helps!

Thanks Brian, that's what I had been doing but I hadn't turned off autosize so I could never quite cover the whole canvas. Your suggestion solves that problem.

Please add this.

Thanks,
Gonzalo

There's a Canvas Background Inspector that's been there for some time, where you can easily change the background color of the canvas.