The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Due" beyond 1 week (a 3, 6, 9 and 12 month view?) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to see further than 1 week ahead in the "Due" view. Is there a way to extend the view into 'due within a month' or due within the next 3 months? How about a customized view for each, i.e., a 3, 6, 9 and 12 month view?

I endeavor to always place a date, whether due or begin or both in my actions. I just want to know if there is a simple way to view those tasks and projects that are further out than 1 week.

Instead of using the built-in Due perspective, you can make your own showing available or remaining actions, sorted and grouped by due date. Does that help?

Curt

In Where in OF (for OF 1.8)

You could save generic custom searches like:
tasks where (due date ≥ <dte1>) and (due date ≤ <dte2>)
(the app will prompt you to enter absolute or relative dates)

specific custom searches like:
tasks where (due date ≥ tomorrow) and (due date ≤ today + 12 * weeks)
or something in between, which would enable you to look quite quickly at a variety of horizons (various numbers of weeks ahead):
tasks where (due date ≥ today) and (due date ≤ today + <num> * weeks)
A list of matching items is displayed, and you can select one or more particular items in the list and jump straight to them in the OF graphic user interface.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 07:49 AM..