The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Review on new Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies if I've missed something obvious.

When I create a new project will it automatically pop up in the review section a week after it's created, or do I need to manually review the project?

I can't see anything on the forum to indicate one way or the other.

A new project created on the iPad gets its last review date set to the date of creation, and the review interval set to whatever value is set for the new project review interval (default value is one week). Every new project you create will initially have this value for the review interval, but you can change it on a per-project basis when reviewing.

To change the value of the review interval for a project, tap the button at the lower left corner when reviewing that project and use the dials to set the desired review interval. To set the default value given to new projects, review all projects due for review so there are none left to review, then tap the same button to set the review interval (which will set the new project value).

Once the last review date + review period is the current date (or earlier), the project will show up in the list of projects to be reviewed when you tap the Review button in the sidebar.

You can see a project in review mode whether or not it is up for review by tap and hold on the project header in the project view, then selecting Review. Doing so does not mark the project as reviewed, but allows you to do so if you wish by tapping the Mark Reviewed button. You can also see the date a project was last reviewed, and see and adjust the project review interval for that project. Unfortunately, you cannot yet directly adjust the date of the next review without changing the review interval, which is very handy if you know a project won't need reviewing for a while, but then will need frequent reviewing. Use the Contact Omni opt in in the gear menu to add your vote if you would like that ability!

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2010-09-23 at 06:52 AM..

Thanks whpalmer4 for your concise yet detailed answer.

It would be useful to be able to set the default interval on the iPad for those us who do not have OF on the Mac (Yet) Will log it.

I was most worried that I could set up new projects and they would never be reviewed unless I manually requested a review as you described above.

Phew, one less thing to worry about.

Geoff, I updated my post — while it is a value synced to/from the Mac, if you are using one, it can be set on the iPad as well without the shenanigans I was about to describe once I got back to my Mac :) I discovered a bug in the beta version of OmniFocus I was running on my iPad, and while investigating that and revising my post, you beat me to the punch and read the old answer!

And yes, any new project you create will eventually show up for review without any additional action being necessary on your part, except of course to tap the Review button in the sidebar to bring up the Review view.