The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipper for Sparrow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Boothy, really love this little hack, but for some reason I always end up with my clipboard contents after the x-sparow:// link. Is this a bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrg View Post
Boothy, really love this little hack, but for some reason I always end up with my clipboard contents after the x-sparow:// link. Is this a bug?
iirg, I actually put that in as a feature, so that you could select some text in the email, copy it to the clipboard and have it appear as part of the note.

I know that may not be what you always want, but I can't think of a way of selectively turning that feature on and off. I guess I could do a different version which doesn't do the paste - i.e. two apps, one that pastes, one that doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sculwell, I helped with the Postbox guys... about a year ago?... to add their own "Send to OmniFocus" feature. Can't remember the specifics of how it works, but I know it's in there. :-)
I wish you could help some Thunderbird guys do the same thing in Thunderbird. I know PB is similar and based of much of the same code, but very few TB add-ons work with PB. If I could just send TB messages to OF, it would close a big loop in the workflow.

Alas....

That or if you folks could somehow integrate adding new tasks to OF via e-mail directed to your sync server so that Mail.app wasn't necessary to make that happen. That would probably ease a bunch of issues for a lot of people (e.g., windows users at work who want to add tasks without keeping mail.app open at home; android phone users who want to add tasks to their desktop or ipad OF without keeping mail app running, People like me, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothy View Post
iirg, I actually put that in as a feature, so that you could select some text in the email, copy it to the clipboard and have it appear as part of the note.

I know that may not be what you always want, but I can't think of a way of selectively turning that feature on and off. I guess I could do a different version which doesn't do the paste - i.e. two apps, one that pastes, one that doesn't.
Perhaps this is a different bug that I'm seeing. For me under Snow Leopard, the OF to Sparrow program does not clear the clipboard after it pastes the contents of the message into the OF QE field. So if you select a new message and drag it onto the Of to Sparrow program, but don't select any new text, it will paste the existing clipboard contents from the old message into the notes field of the new message you are trying add to OF.

Not optimum behavior.

Would prefer this to be a menubar app where I can drag to the menubar icon. The current application window is always buried.