The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Managing others with OF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I primarily have been focusing (ha) on using Omni Focus to organize my personal tasks and projects.

However, I'm now thinking about using it to document big rocks / most-important-tasks for others on my team so I can keep on top of their projects and progress and hold them accountable for certain things.

Most of these don't integrate with my projects and I don't really want to create THEIR projects in MY system, if that makes sense. (In otherwords, it's not a step in one of my projects where I delegate a task to someone else, then am waiting for it, then receive it and move on to my next action).

Are there any existing threads in the forum about how people have done this? Do you have suggestions?

I was thinking of using a context for each person and just listing their key projects or tasks I want to track, and then creating a perspective that shows all those tasks by person.

Does that make sense? Is there a better way?

I find it helpful to think about what my goal is in tracking the tasks of others.

For example, you said you don't want to track their projects on your list. So perhaps your goals are something like "Helped Jill consistently meet her goals on the new project" or "Helped Jack with getting corporate support for the new marketing plan". When I state goals this way, I'm focused on why I want to keep teammates on top of their work. These goals become my projects. These projects might involve just checking in on Jill's and Jack's deadlines. On the other hand, I might also discover that I can take on other actions to further the goals, like "Ask Jill whether she needs more resources" or "Invite Jack to lunch with the new area manager".

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt