The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF Respect for Project Side bar selections when switching to Context Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Let's say I have a folder called "Work Projects" with ten projects in it. 4 of them are active. The other 6 have start dates in the future.

I select this folder. Then I'd like to go to context view and see tasks for just the projects I have selected.

I thought this was possible and I had done it before. But I'm not having any luck right now.

When I select context and view ungrouped, sorted by start date, availability set to remaining, every task shows there, not just the tasks from the projects I selected.

Am I doing it wrong? Should I hit "switch" after I select the projects? Context? Do I need to create a perspective with the selected items first? Or is this only possible using Rob Trew's Where in OF applescript?

Select the folder, hit the Focus button, switch to Context view. Or right-click on the folder and select Focus, then switch to Context view.

Figured it out. Forgot about using the Focus button. Now it works as expected.

Oops, beat me to it. Thanks. Don't know how I spaced that one.