The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iGTD to Omnifocus importer now has progress bar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I re-tried the applescript verson, this time being patient, and it worked flawlessly. Glad to be working with OmniFocus finally!

Thanks for the work on the script and for sharing it with the community, Rob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
My concern about implementing this is, however, that users will be left with a document marked 'dirty' if they abort the script before it has finished ...
If the user aborts the script before it finishes, it seems reasonable to leave things dirty rather than to automatically save their partial import. (This is how we originally implemented the Kinkless importer, and turning off autosave during the script made it run much, much faster.)

Done.

I have uploaded the amended version, and it is certainly very much faster.

This is great in that it helped me get all my iGTD tasks over with no problems except for one. Almost all my completed actions are duplicated. Some of them I want to keep for future use. Any suggestions? Any script people out there able to make something to remove duplicate actions?

A duplicate-eliminator could in principle be written ...

This is not a problem that has been reported by other users of the script. Were the duplicated actions repeating actions in iGTD ? Do they, for example, have the same text but different start/due dates ?

Last edited by RobTrew; 2008-02-13 at 11:48 PM..