The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
What's coming in OmniFocus v1.6? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Okay, just a word of caution -- the stuff contained by the "No Context" bin is NOT filtered by the view bar settings, despite what my previous message suggested.
This has been fixed for v1.6: the action filters now apply to the "No Context" list, and actions can now become available whether or not they have a context.

(By the way, we'd love to start sharing daily sneaky peeks of v1.6. But first we have to release a new version of the iPhone app which can handle syncing with 1.6. And since we can't release sneaky peeks builds of the iPhone app, we have to make sure that work is stable.)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
This has been fixed for v1.6: the action filters now apply to the "No Context" list, and actions can now become available whether or not they have a context.

(By the way, we'd love to start sharing daily sneaky peeks of v1.6. But first we have to release a new version of the iPhone app which can handle syncing with 1.6. And since we can't release sneaky peeks builds of the iPhone app, we have to make sure that work is stable.)
Interesting -- can you characterize what changed about the sync protocol?

Nice to see you taking care of the people who cannot bring themselves to use contexts, even though I cannot fathom doing not using contexts with a workload large enough to spur one to use a powerful task management tool....

Do the action filters now also apply to the Inbox?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Interesting -- can you characterize what changed about the sync protocol?
The protocol itself hasn't changed, but we want the iPhone app to understand the changes to the data model (such as the new "autocomplete when children are complete" setting on projects and groups).

Quote:
Do the action filters now also apply to the Inbox?
Yes.
 
I think you can expect a rising chorus of "is it ready yet?" "can we get the sneaky peek now?" "how about now, is it ready yet?" with answers like those :-)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
(By the way, we'd love to start sharing daily sneaky peeks of v1.6. But first we have to release a new version of the iPhone app which can handle syncing with 1.6. And since we can't release sneaky peeks builds of the iPhone app, we have to make sure that work is stable.)
My question is not OF-specific, but I've been curious as to how developers of iPhone applications are required to handle betas of their programs. Is there no provision to allow developers to beta test an application externally, short of providing the program to users with a jail broken phone (which probably violates Apple's guidelines)?
 
The title of this thread is what is coming in OmniFocus v1.6, but you only mention more accurate filtering and autocomplete groups/projects.

Is there a more complete list?

How about a longer term Roadmap/timeline for features currently planned (knowing of course that plans can change).
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Is there no provision to allow developers to beta test an application externally, short of providing the program to users with a jail broken phone (which probably violates Apple's guidelines)?
That wouldn't even be proper beta testing - gaol broken phones are not the same as default ones and are very prone to crashing where a non-gaol-broken one isn't (due in part to people running more than one app at a time). A good proportion of the "this app sucks because it crashes all the time" reviews on the App store are from gaol breakers for this very reason.
 
Developers are able to provision their apps to beta testers who are using non-jail/gaol-broken phones, so it's a moot point. Regardless, it's the Omni Group's prerogative as to how they beta test their apps, and they clearly do so, whether it's in-house or via provisioning.
 
Sorry to take the discussion off-topic and thanks for the info. I was just curious how the process works in the industry, rather than questioning the Omni Group's testing process.
 
I would echo joelandes, to ask if that is in fact the only change coming in 1.6, and a more inclusive view of other feature updates in the works.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coming from Corel... pgtaboada OmniGraffle for iPad 2 2011-05-15 02:28 AM
Filter bar changes coming in OmniFocus 1.8 Ken Case Applying OmniFocus 21 2010-01-20 08:16 PM
Coming from Opera ... gibberish OmniWeb Feature Requests 2 2009-03-09 10:56 AM
When is OmniFocus coming out??! Osakhomen OmniFocus 1 for Mac 9 2007-06-23 09:40 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.