The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Option to choose focus of pop-up windows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is one of those "it'd be really handy for me, but I doubt for many others" type of things. So if this is an easy thing to add, I'd really appreciate it.

I would like it if, in the site prefs, I could choose to have JS pop-up windows load, but not take focus (aka become the foremost window.)

I assume you're not talking about ads here, and I'm not quite sure why you'd want this. I can only imagine popups getting lost behind the front window ...

Well, ads would fall into this category, but it's not my specific reason. A popular web tool has a debug window that loads every time the page loads. Currently, I can place the window where I want, and resize it. That sticks when the main page reloads or changes. However, the debug window comes to the front.

Perhaps, if someone knows how to code that window so it doesn't take focus, I might just mod the tool.

I'm not sure how the window is being reordered--but you could turning off the Security preference "Allow scripts to reorder windows" and see if that helps.

Didn't do it. Thanks for the idea. If I closed the debug window, the next reload of the main window would reopen the dialog window. The only reason it stays in the same window the rest of the time, is because the script names the window the same unique name.