The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"x" by many of my projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
God do I feel stupid.

I'm seeing a little "x" by about 10 of my projects. i thought this meant that they were dropped, but they appear in the left menu when remaining is chosen. If I mark them as on hold or complete, the red x is replaced by the appropriate icon, but if I mark them active again, they revert to the "x". If I mark them dropped they disappear from the remaining project list as expected and the red x (when looking at dropped projects) is more pronounced. When making them active, they appear in the remainig list - but I see that the red x is somewhat subdued.

I'm sure there's something I did accidentally and I'm going to feel pretty dumb when someone tells me what it is - at least I hope someone does!!!

Can anyone help?

Are they within a folder that is marked as dropped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Are they within a folder that is marked as dropped?
How do you mark a folder as dropped? I don't think it's possible - the only things you can mark as dropped are projects I think.

You can drop (or activate) a folder by selecting it in the sidebar and ctrl or right clicking to get the pop-up contextual menu. Up at the top you'll have Active and Dropped as choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You can drop (or activate) a folder by selecting it in the sidebar and ctrl or right clicking to get the pop-up contextual menu. Up at the top you'll have Active and Dropped as choices.
So you can, and I'd used that the other day! When I tried it to see if I could answer this question, I thought I didn't see the option!

Brain needs a re-boot I think!

And yes, that is where the dimmed red cross comes from.

Mark

Thanks, gang! You all are the best.