The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2 users in the same mac account Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
neoplop, what I don't get is that while I can understand that OF or any other piece of software might be "useless to you/people around you", you move on to the assumption that it is useless to anyone (or perhaps what is meant is to anyone that really matters?). Omni is, as far as I'm concerned, a very open company with regards to what their software does and doesn't do, backed up with a solid refund policy. They also happen to have a very dedicated user base that happens to find OmniFocus, well, useful. My initial irate reply was not directed as criticism of Omni, or their app, or GTD; rather, it was because I felt that you neglect to consider the perspective of other users, whose needs might not match your own, worthy of consideration.

I think that this thread makes clear how lucky we are to have a mostly troll-free discussion board.

thanks all for this interesting post !

we fully agree with the fact omni is a great product for task management , and today we have to accept also it is not adapted for sharing project, as neoplop pointed.

a friend of mine just told me he is very happy using Omnifocus for his work, but he had to use another solution for his Home Stuff, because he wanted to share some project with his wife...

The good thing is to have new market where to grow, and this could be one for the Omni team ..

best regards

eliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eguiu View Post
thanks all for this interesting post !

we fully agree with the fact omni is a great product for task management , and today we have to accept also it is not adapted for sharing project, as neoplop pointed.
While we're complaining, Omnifocus is also an awful photo editor, email client and web browser.

For those that were unaware (as I was until this and several other recent threads): http://forums.omnigroup.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Are you suggesting that we add you to the ignore list? Or are you suggesting that we should ignore anyone that complains about the software?

I would interpret it as nothing more than a disclosure that the ignore feature exists, making it possible for those who desire such a function to use it. I've seen such a feature on other forums, and am pleased to learn that it is available here as well, though what I would find more useful (as I am usually interested in reading what those I disagree with have to say) is a feature that prevents me from wasting my time replying, which is a feature not currently offered, to my knowledge :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
…what I would find more useful (as I am usually interested in reading what those I disagree with have to say) is a feature that prevents me from wasting my time replying, which is a feature not currently offered, to my knowledge :-)
I'd like to vote for that feature too, Bill. In fact, it might just be enough to coax me out of lurker mode again. ;-)

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I'd like to vote for that feature too, Bill. In fact, it might just be enough to coax me out of lurker mode again. ;-)

-Dennis
Dennis, there's a bit of ambiguity here — you want the feature to prevent yourself from getting dragged into pointless arguments, or you want it to keep me from getting dragged into pointless arguments? :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Dennis, there's a bit of ambiguity here — you want the feature to prevent yourself from getting dragged into pointless arguments, or you want it to keep me from getting dragged into pointless arguments? :-)
Both, I suppose. :-)

-Dennis