The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Radar, OGS future? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Longtime user of omnigraffle. Just now checking out OGS. Really like the concept although I had a very specific need to create a "radar" chart with 5-6 axes, labels nicely formatted and rotated along axes, with typical radar shading along various points on axes. I appreciate OGS is v1. I'd be interested to know whether Omni sees eventually supporting this type of use case(s) as many of the capabilities required to support radar would be nice generally. To be clear, I am not looking to break any Tufte rules. Just want OGS to anticipate and support this level of graphical complexity. Happy to elaborate/test if needed. Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff, Radial/Radar plots are definitely a possibility for the future of OmniGraphSketcher, although I wouldn't necessarily expect them in a 1.x release. I'll add your "vote" to the feature request, and if you have any example graphs that you'd like to post here or email to OmniGraphSketcher@omnigroup.com I'd love to add them as well.

David M.
OmniGraphSketcher Product Manager