The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

RC2 -- closing in on Final Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We posted RC2 today. We're wrapping up 1.1, and putting a nice red bow on it any day now. Then we'll jump into 1.2, and start making lots of changes again.

So take RC2 for a spin -- it's nearly final and not as likely to corrupt data, track mud on your clean floors, or otherwise misbehave.

And as always, let us know about your experience -- what you love, what you hate, what you don't understand, what you can't find and wish we would add.

Lizard,

Just curious - why the switch from BETA 4 to RC2? Is this the same code train or different?

If thy are the same train, then I am assuming the RC2 is the next evolution from BETA 4 - am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks in advance.

Betas are kind of 'work in progress'; We know there's more work to be done. RC means 'release candidate' -- if no severe issues are reported in an RC, we may re-release it with no changes as 'Final'.

So please, if there are monsters in RC2 destroying all your data, let us know now before we call it Final and wander off to work on 1.2.

I leveled resources and it took all the memory on my Mac and never completed. I had to force quit. I was able to reproduce the issue by doing it again.

Lizard and JKT,

Thanks for the clarification.

In terms of issues, I am unable to import from OmniOutliner. I tried doing this via TSV and direct import\open. When I try the latter, the pop-up is displayed with the field matching and all looks good but when the tasks import into OmniPlan, all of the tasks have erroneous data. For example, I have about 110 line items in OmniOutliner with a variety of information in the "Task" field and after import, all the tasks have "Task" for the Task Name rather than the actual content s as in OmniOutliner.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please send your Outliner file to omniplan@omnigroup.com. That's the best way to get issues like this addressed.

Omni Team,

Is there any documentation about what is different in RC3 from RC2?

Thanks.

http://www.omnigroup.com/application.../releasenotes/
(it's a tiny little link on the beta download page. maybe we should make it bigger?)

Well, it might be a good idea - I know where it is now but I could have sworn before that when we used to download, that the main page would have the release notes in the main body - maybe I'm wrong but that's what I seem to remember.

In any event, thanks for hooking me up.