The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus 2! The Debut. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudster View Post
Great news! I don't see any mention of a sneaky peek. Actually neither of a release date, aside from 4Q2013. Sneaky peek after the big reveal perhaps?
At the very end of that first paragraph, fudster! For the folks at the big reveal, we'll be handing out private beta invitations. Then, like most of our big updates, we'll expand to others as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
At the very end of that first paragraph, fudster! For the folks at the big reveal, we'll be handing out private beta invitations. Then, like most of our big updates, we'll expand to others as well!
It's times like this that it sucks to live on the other side of the world from San Francisco, and have absolutely no chance of getting to the special Omni event to get a sneaky-peak! Live stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinky View Post
It's times like this that it sucks to live on the other side of the world from San Francisco, and have absolutely no chance of getting to the special Omni event to get a sneaky-peak! Live stream?
Same here :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinky View Post
Please do consider a live blog or stream - even if it requires an NDA prior to viewing it.

Question: I'm currently using the OF trial and am planning on purchasing when it expires next month. With the launch target for OF 2 being 1Q2013, will I be able to upgrade for free or will I have to purchase an upgrade like everybody else?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Where do we find coverage about last nights meeting?
I don't think there was a meeting last night-the OmniFocus 2.0 debut event is January 31, 2013.

I too thought it was 1/1/2013. Just moved my OmniFocus 2.0 project out to start 1/31/2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrowning View Post
Question: I'm currently using the OF trial and am planning on purchasing when it expires next month. With the launch target for OF 2 being 1Q2013, will I be able to upgrade for free or will I have to purchase an upgrade like everybody else?

Thanks!
I am in the same situation; my OmniFocus for OS X trial has just lapsed, so I only have access through my iOS device right now. I am sure a lot of people are in this position, given how hard Merlin Mann was hustling for the product on the b2w podcast in December 2012.

If you email sales, they may give you a free extension.

I have decided not ask for a trial extension just yet, and I am waiting (waiting… waiting…) for The Omni Group to announce that all sales from this point forward will be eligible for no–charge upgrades to version 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrowning View Post
I was in similar situation like other new users, and I decided to write Omni support about it. This is what they said:

Thanks for checking in with us. When OmniFocus 2 enters an open beta, sometime after the debut event on January 31st, customers that purchase version 1 will get a free upgrade to OmniFocus 2. Customers that purchase the app before that point will receive a discount on the upgrade.

I hope it helps everyone!