The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Focus doesn't work when switching to planning mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a perspective called Next,
with the following settings:

View Mode
Context
Focus
No Focus
Filter
Remaining
Grouping
Context
Sorting
Due
Action Filter
Available
Time Filter
Any Duration
Flag Filter
Unflagged

Open in: Context mode
The two checkboxes are unchecked.

If I select an item in that perspective,
click on focus and
then switch to planning mode,
Nothing shows.
I want to see that project focused, but the planning mode is empty.

Why doesn't it work?
Do I need to do further settings,
or is it a bug?

When I repeat the steps you mention, I get a project mode window with the project containing the action I selected and the inbox visible, so I'm not sure what's causing what you're seeing.

Can you send an email to <omnifocus@omnigroup.com>, including a "before" and "after" screenshot that shows what you're getting?

(You can take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-4, which will give you a selection cursor. Tap your Space key, click on the window you want to capture, and when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc.)

You can then drag the images to an email message and send them to us. We'll use the information they contain to try and figure out what's going on here.

I will do that.
It is a bit random, however.
Sometimes it works. Mostly not, though.
It seems to depend on what view I had before,
but I'm not sure.
I haven't seen any logic pattern in the behaviour yet.

One of the support ninjas showed this to me - it looks like the original poster wants the behavior they would get if they had the "settings affect other view" box.

When that box is unchecked, switching to a perspective changes the settings for the project or context view, but leaves the settings in the other view completely untouched. So, if the window was focused on a particular project, switching to the perspective the user mentioned wouldn't un-do that.

The fix would be to set stuff up in project view, switch to context view and make the changes there, and then save the perspective with the "applies to both views" box checked off.