The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your most important feature request?
Calendar View 19 31.15%
Focus 10 16.39%
Link Contacts 8 13.11%
Multiple Contexts 4 6.56%
Share / Delegate 7 11.48%
Tags 13 21.31%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: OmniFocus iPhone Feature Requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
724 cards ? ... 800 cards ? ... do you people not discriminate? I have 1 contact card and that's quite enough, thank you.
whpalmer discriminates heavily: he doesn't even have me in his list! ;)
(I really can't blame him for that, though...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
whpalmer discriminates heavily: he doesn't even have me in his list! ;)
No longer true :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-07-31 at 2.11.43 PM.png
Views:	365
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1505  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Is there somewhere I should be keeping them other than the Address Book?
Certainly, you keep them in your PAs Address Book, then you only need to dial one number for everything. Simples!

Quote:
...the Bay Area OmniFocus User Group...
NO! You're telling me there are still User Groups out there?!! OMG, that takes me back, to days BI (before internet). Achingly Retro!!

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-07-31 at 01:38 PM..

Quote:
NO! You're telling me there are still User Groups out there?!! OMG, that takes me back, to days BI (before internet). Achingly Retro!!
Don't knock it, one of the guys persuaded Ken to spend several hours one evening video, audio and text chatting with us about OmniFocus, integration of Omni apps, future features we thought were important, etc. Future's so bright, we gotta wear shades :)

Quote:
Don't knock it...
I am so NOT knocking it, I'm truly impressed! I used to go to my local church hall once-a-month to the City of London's Mac User Group. It was either that or write to MacUser magazine for help and hope they published the letter. This is, of course, in the days before Apple Stores, the internet, etc. I thought, like me, User Groups had gone the way of the dinosaurs. I'm delighted to hear they're not totally extinct!

ASIDE: Bill, have you had any sleep since the launch? Go on, you can tell me. OK, the Omni Group have put another line in for methedrine to complement the Jacky D., haven't they?

Quote:
I am so NOT knocking it, I'm truly impressed! I used to go to my local church hall once-a-month to the City of London's Mac User Group. It was either that or write to MacUser magazine for help and hope they published the letter. This is, of course, in the days before Apple Stores, the internet, etc. I thought, like me, User Groups had gone the way of the dinosaurs. I'm delighted to hear they're not totally extinct!
We've only met a few times, and I've only managed to attend in the flesh once. We have yet to enlist a female member, and no one's wife or girlfriend seems interested — perhaps it is time to reconsider our hazing rituals involving unspeakable uses of competing products :D

Quote:
ASIDE: Bill, have you had any sleep since the launch? Go on, you can tell me. OK, the Omni Group have put another line in for methedrine to complement the Jacky D., haven't they?
I suppose it isn't a good sign if my answer is "I don't know", right? ;)

Quote:
We have yet to enlist a female member...
Actually, Bill, we had a woman at our very first meeting. In fact, it was her interest in meeting face-to-face that got the ball rolling.

I haven't heard from her since, though. I'm not sure what that says about us or our little group. :-)

So hey, maybe it's time for another gathering now that the iPad app is out. I see there was someone in Hawaii looking for some personal training in another thread. Maybe they'd like to fly into town or meet us on Skype.

Sorry, off topic.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Actually, Bill, we had a woman at our very first meeting. In fact, it was her interest in meeting face-to-face that got the ball rolling.

I haven't heard from her since, though. I'm not sure what that says about us or our little group. :-)

So hey, maybe it's time for another gathering now that the iPad app is out. I see there was someone in Hawaii looking for some personal training in another thread. Maybe they'd like to fly into town or meet us on Skype.

Sorry, off topic.

-Dennis
Small dreams, Dennis — maybe we should have our next meeting in Hawaii! :D

Quote:
Small dreams, Dennis — maybe we should have our next meeting in Hawaii! :D
Haha! That's a wonderful idea!

-Dennis

None of the poll items are even moderately critical for me. I would love tags, but critical? Far from it.

For me, most critical means improving what we've got, not new features.

As an iPod Touch-only user, here are mine:
- An easier quicker way to change the View all/available/remaining settings, no matter where you are in the app. Having to go into options--especially since options isn't accessible everywhere--is a small but nagging pain.
- Much much much better handling of super-tasks (tasks that contain sub-tasks). Currently, in the due-soon, overdue and search results views (among others), the project is what is displayed as the sub-heading for each item. This is almost-useless information for sub-tasks, as that is the project in which the super-task is contained--the super-super item.
- Another super-task issue: The only way to check off super-tasks is in the Due Date perspective. That's a reasonable work-around, but not having an Edit button in perspectives is really annoying. This forces you to bounce all over the place (project hierarchy, Due Date perspective, and the standard Overdue/Due Soon views).
- I never ever sync, nor use the locations feature, so those two buttons are just wasted screen real-estate for me, that should instead be configurable. I may change my tune after I finally get an iPad in 2026.
- An easy quick way to get from an action to the project OR super-action in which it is contained. So, in the Due Soon/Overdue/search results/contexts hierarchy, I can go into an items' details, click a Go button (I envision a tiny button embedded in the right of the "Project" line), and then be taken to the project/super-task listing in which that task exists, with the item-in-question highlighted.
- A better date picker. Scheduling far ahead dates should not take scores-of-clicks.

Last edited by aliteralmind; 2010-08-07 at 04:20 AM..