The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Doing calculations in OO Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Help! I decided to use OO for some budgeting task. I have 2 columns: Expected Expenditure and Actual Expenditure. Both have same rows of items but obviously different values. I calculated the TOTAL using OO's built-in total calculation. I then want to subtract Actual Exp from Expected Exp to get the difference. But how do I do this?

P/S - Can OO do calculations using the equal '=' sign like in Excel? I tried to export to Excel but the option just isn't there. I also tried to copy my figures over to Excel but when I select the column the Copy option is greyed out. I can't possibly copy each figure from each box one at a time to Excel. That would take days.

Please help, thank you.

Hi-

OO does not have the ability to do calculations like Excel. We do have plans to add simple arithmetic operations in OO4 though.

If you are using the Pro version of OO, you can download the Excel export plugin here: http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...ortsPlugin.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Hi-

OO does not have the ability to do calculations like Excel. We do have plans to add simple arithmetic operations in OO4 though.
Now that the OO4 beta is available, did this feature make it into the current beta release?

I should note that I'm using the OO4 beta, but can't find this functionality :)