The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wrong time for recurring tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The iPhone OF seems unable to understand the time of the recurring tasks, at least when they are set to repeat after 1 day... when a recurring task is marked as completed in OF for iPhone the new task is created in the correct day, but always at 00:00, and not at the "right" time.
I'm the only one here or is OF for iPhone really time-blind as far as recurring actions are concerned?

Last edited by vegaz; 2008-12-03 at 12:22 PM..

Recurring items are synced up to my iPhone without any issues, However, if I complete them from my iPhone the times get messed up.

For instance I have a daily recurring task with a start time of 08:00 and due time of 22:00. Marking this task complete on my Mac generates a new task the following day starting at 08:00 and due at 22:00. This is as expected and good :) Syncing up to the iPhone at any step in the process perfectly reflects what is going on on my Mac.

However, when I complete the same daily recurring task from my iPhone a new task is created with a start date of 10:00 for todays date and a due date of 00:00 for tomorrow. Syncing this back to my Mac gives me the new task altogether with the original recurring item untouched. :confused:

The only way I have found to handle this behaviour is to only complete recurring items from my Mac :(

Apart from this single issue I am absolutely delighted with how OmniFocus works with my iPhone and I am not even bothered by setting up recurring items from my Mac, if only I could complete them from anywhere.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve this issue.

Thanks for a great product

You are not the only one experiencing this. I posted the same issue then noticed yours :o

Last edited by Ken Case; 2008-12-03 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: Threads were merged after this post

The Omni support has been duly informed :-)
A temporary workatound: set the interval repetition to 24 hours instead of 1 day.
It's not the same result, but is better than nothing.

Last edited by vegaz; 2008-12-03 at 12:16 PM..

We've fixed this for the next release. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Nice one :)

I have just tested this out on 1.1.4 and it works perfectly.

Thankyou :)