The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuck between worlds... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First, I'm a sales person and a father. Juggle like you allot of stuff. What I'm struggling with is combining different worlds and different roles like my job and the rest of my life.

I'm a bit of a time managment freak. Love the GTD process and have been doing it for a few years. I'm a 1 year Mac user (iMac is a personal machine) and 6 month OF user. Been an iphone guy for 2 years. Before that I was an Outlook, toodledo and Blackberry guy.

What I'm struggling with is combining different personal email accounts (yahoo and gmail) and work emails (outlook) and combining them into one single list process system like OF.

I can with forwarding push emails to one account like my mobile me account. Address list and calendar can be done on the Mac with MM. That works. Yet, I have a IBM Thinkpad and MS Outlook that I use for work.

My issue is how to combine work emails and to-do's into my one system of OF? Does that even make sense? I have often thought that perhaps I cant really merger work with my personal email/OF system. That I should perhaps have my work stuff sync with Toodledo.

So, that is where I'm at and I'm looking for ideas. How to take my work emails and tasks and merge it with what I have already. Or, do I just keep the two separate?

I also use Evernote which works great because there is a PC and Mac based products. Yes, I have thought about forwarding work emails to my MM account with email rules and have it in OF where I can process and prioritize.

Any ideas?

Thanks,