The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sneaky Peek Feedback Email Address Not Working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When trying to send feedback via the menu item in OmniWeb 5.5, I get the following bounce from the mailserver:

Quote:
This is the Postfix program at host machop.omnigroup.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<omniweb-5.5-correspond@omnigroup.com> (expanded from
<omniweb-5.5-beta.approved>): unknown user: "omniweb-5.5-correspond"
Reporting-MTA: dns; machop.omnigroup.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 2C0175AE7B3B
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; myemail@address.net
Arrival-Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:32:53 -0700 (PDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; omniweb-5.5-correspond@omnigroup.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822; omniweb-5.5-beta.approved
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "omniweb-5.5-correspond"
Is there another address we should be using?

I just tried the "Send Feedback..." menu item in SP7, and the message was rejected by the Omni server. From my local server log (license number excised from recipient address):

postfix/smtp[7271]: E145696BAE1: host omnigroup.com[198.151.161.1] said: 450 <omniweb-5.5-beta+LICENSENUMBER@omnigroup.com>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted for 5 minutes (in reply to RCPT TO command)

EDIT: Hmm, never mind. My mail server tried relaying through my ISP's server as a backup, and it seems to have worked (as I got a reply).

Last edited by Tesseract; 2006-04-29 at 02:18 AM..

Yes--in an attempt to stem the flood of spam we use greylisting which always rejects the first attempt to deliver mail...

I use Postini, which I have to say is really good. You should really see if your upstream provider can enable it for you (it's generally out of the price range for anyone but an ISP or enterprise, I hear).

I have all the knobs "set to 11" and have it set to label my mail rather than quarantine it, so I can post-process it. Over the last six months I've had a 0% false positive and maybe 10 false negatives....for everyone in my domains!

I don't work there, never have, surely never will, own no shares etc...though I do know a couple of people who work there. Is that a connection?:)