The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Flash not alway working in OmniWeb 5.5.1 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, I'm using a MacBook with the latest Flash Plugin 9.0.28 with OmniWeb 5.5.1.

I've configured OmniWeb to block Flash-Content. But after a click it plays.

Update: After disabling all ad-blockering in OmniWeb for YouTube.com it works...
Cool.

Almost...

YouTube is displaying the following message:
Quote:
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player.
But my JavaScript is activated and I have the latest and greatest version.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?
It's a bit annoying having to use Safari for YouTube.

Greets,
sebid

Last edited by sebid; 2006-11-16 at 05:56 AM..

Some time ago I reported that Flash videos did not play at HuffingtonPost.com -- only the top 10% of the video frame appeared in the page.

Currently, the whole video frame appears, but it's empty and there appears to be no way to get the video to play. Here's a test page (which may disappear in a few days):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/1...o_n_34916.html

These Flash videos play in Safari 2.0.4. I set OmniWeb to spoof as Safari 2.0.4, but that doesn't help.

My OmniWeb 5.5.1 is happy with Flash videos from YouTube.com, although the quality leaves a LOT to be desired on my no-longer-speedy Mac. Give me QuickTime any day!

I upgraded to Flash player 9.0.28.0 before my latest round of tests.

[copy of a formal Feedback report]

The link you posted worked for me—but only after I disabled all ad blocking. Before there was only the frame you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zottel
The link you posted worked for me—but only after I disabled all ad blocking. Before there was only the frame you mentioned.
Thanks for the insight!

Ad blocking is extremely nice at The HuffingtonPost site. It didn't occur to me that some Flash movies are the same as an ad. I seem to recall other Flash movies (e.g., YouTube) do play at the site.

Fond wish: OmniWeb learns how to tell the difference between ads and movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Fond wish: OmniWeb learns how to tell the difference between ads and movies.
That's not possible, unfortunately. If the only thing that's different is the content, there's no way to tell. All you can do is whitelist URLS such as youtube.

Sometimes you need to be able to completely unblock Flash at a site, but you still want to have image ads blocked. If you send feedback to OmniGroup to request the ability to toggle Flash on and off (for individual sites) independently of ad blocking, you'll get added to my feature request for this option...