The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hands up all of you who would love a CRM-app from Omnigroup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The mac platform really need a well implemented app for CRM. An app where you could do your GTD, do your project planning, AND where you could manage contacts and link them to projects and tasks and also track progress, leads and opportunities.

Combining Omnifocus and Omniplan gets you close, but i´d looooove to have this in a solution for small enterprises.

I have full confidence in Omnigroup and think they would be the right company to try and work this out.

If you also think that, why not post a reply to this post?

Regards, Mikkel

I'd love to see OmniGroup do something like this. I used Daylight for about a year and liked everything about it except the task management part of it. I finally switched back to OmniFocus since the task management is the most important part of it in my opinion. Now I use OF, BusyCal, Devonthink Pro Office, and the mac address book to accomplish the same thing.

I would gladly pay OmniGroup the same amount as the sum total of all those apps if they were to make one app to do it all.

Worth remembering, however, that Omnigroup's ratio of programmers to products is far from generous.

Not sure whether this is more deeply rooted in the financials or in the geography, but it's not clear how well placed they would really be to take on yet another product ...

Rob makes an important point. It's been almost seven years and we're still waiting for OmniOutliner 4.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Worth remembering, however, that Omnigroup's ratio of programmers to products is far from generous.

Not sure whether this is more deeply rooted in the financials or in the geography, but it's not clear how well placed they would really be to take on yet another product ...
It may well be that they like to keep things small enough to keep that "close-knit, friends & family" feeling within their group. This may just be the formula for how they manage to do such a great job in both development and support (albeit the development side is a tad slow). Good for some things, not so for others such as new products. Even so, I would love to see them develop an All-in-One system (CRM). With their talent, it would be unbeatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post

I´m only guessing now, but I would think that a lot of delay can be explained by the fact that apple has had a had time figuring out how Sync Services was supposed to run with MobileMe/iCloud. I have heard other major third party developers complain about the fact that apple has kept changing directions with regards to syncing for the last 3-4 years, without keeping developers posted. To me, the Omni Sunc Server is a hint in that direction.

I also think that we need to acknowledge the fact that Omnigroup did set a pretty tight roadmap for their iOS-future, and that they pretty much stuck to their words.

Finally, Omnigroup-forums are not, as opposed to pretty much all other developers of productivity-apps forums, cluttered with complaints about usability-issues. The just seem to work the way they are intended. Which is not comme-il-faut these days...

Keeping up with all the OS X revisions has been a major headache for a lot of Mac developers.

Sometimes Apple's documentation on their APIs are poor. I read from the NovaMind forums that they were still trying to figure out version saving. They commented that Apple documentation was non-existent and they had to figure out versioning by observing what happened to their test files.

It's been hard to keep up with the major revisions between between cats (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion).

I've heard that syncing services during the MobileMe era were pretty unstable and we're still sorting through iCloud.....

An Omni-CRM will probably something way in the future.... I'd love one but I've also adapted atreinke's similar workflow with BusyCal/DevonThink/OmniFocus/Address book. It's been working for me and I really don't have time to wait for that perfect CRM to come along.

I've also tried Daylite but it just didn't it for me either....

Oh, yes. This is the missing link. All aspects of productivity perfectly covered by Omni Apps ... except for contact management. I keep trying Daylite - and the latest v4 NEARLY won me over. But then I open OF or OP or OO and realise I cannot embrace Daylite for all my tasks, projects, etc. So even though it works well with contacts, it just doesn't feel right to make the switch to Daylite. So I end up with these brilliant productivity tools from Omni Group .... and the Mac address book. Which is rubbish! You definitely have my vote for an Omni contact management app.

Sure yes! And I would love to have OmniCalendar for OmniFocus :)