The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MailTags Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

On the MailTags web site, it says "Works Great with OmniFocus". But i see nothing in the documentation for either product on how to integrate them, or what benefits may be seen from it..

Any comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsic View Post
Hi All,

On the MailTags web site, it says "Works Great with OmniFocus". But i see nothing in the documentation for either product on how to integrate them, or what benefits may be seen from it..

Any comments?
Bump! anyone using mailtags / OF together?

There has been a hiatus in this interaction, as Mailtags hasn't so far worked with Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
There has been a hiatus in this interaction, as Mailtags hasn't so far worked with Leopard.
There's a beta of a Leopard-version of Mailtags that I've been using.

I have also been waiting, months, for MailTags to get Leopard compatible. I considered using the beta, but the warning on their web site about frequently backing up mail in case of disaster (or something equivalent) has kept me back!

I've been using the MailTags beta for 3 or 4 months... seems to work pretty well. There have been some bugs along the way but nothing that's made me lose mail.

You should have backups in any case :-)

I too have been using the beta for several months with no problem.

In my case I'm simply using it to add keywords to tag mail messages - so nothing too fancy.

I've been trying to come up with a working AppleScript to both send an email to OF, and simultaneously tag the mail in Mail.app using MT (Leopard beta). I haven't come up with a decent solution, but if anyone has a hint, this would be super (sometimes I'm working in Mail, sometimes in OF -- so for me it would be good to be able to identify mails which have been sent to OF for action.)

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Make sure on Omnifocus Clipping preferences that Mail with MailTags is ABOVE Mail for Mac OS X 10.5

or disable "Mail for Mac OS X 10.5" clipping.