The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I create a bulleted list? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to create a bulleted list in a square box. How do I do this? I can't seem to track it down for the life of me...

Use the Lists pulldown in the text-editing toolbar. Note that it appears only when you're actually entering or editing text. If you have the enclosing shape selected you'll see the shape-editing toolbar instead.

Thanks for the solution. That works well.

It seems like the main thing missing is, if I'm at the end of a bulleted list and press enter, the next line doesn't stay bulleted.

Yup. The list implementation seems buggy. Even though the list style remains checked, you have to reselect it for each new line or wait until you've entered all the text, select all, and apply it. On the other hand, if you select "None" for any line, list formatting disappears for all lines.

I've submitted a feedback item for this.

Last edited by john.gersh; 2011-05-17 at 06:44 AM..

Cool, thanks for submitting. Also, when you click on one item to bullet, it bullets the whole paragraph. This could be fine as a design, it's just not consistent with the remainder of the bullet implementation.

SneakyTodd, you should be sure to submit your own feedback as well — more feedback, more priority.

Got my reply from the support ninja; there was already an open bug on the list behavior. As whpalmer4 says, though, all feedback helps.