The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parallel lines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I need to connect two objects via two lines (not a bidirectional one) - way and back, to label each one differently. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot.

Anyone? I also have need to represent multiple connections between objects, ideally with parallel lines.

How I have done this in OG Pro is with magnets.

This is easy if the objects / groups are the same size. Line them up. Make sure they have 2 magnets per side selected in the magnet panel and then draw two lines from left to right and then right to left, connecting them to the appropriate magnets. You can configure each line separately.

It's a little trickier if the two objects are not the same size as the magnets will not automatically line up. If possible, use some alignment guides to help get the magnets in the right position so the lines are parallel

I find it easiest to do all this work on either the horizontal or vertical and then move the objects around, if the lines are parallel, but on an angle.

HTH

-- Morgan