The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

sp6: reload doesn't return to scroll position Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Normally, when I reload a page that had been scrolled to a particular position on the page, OmniWeb automatically scrolls to that position after completing the reload. 5.5 is not behaving this way. It leaves me at the top of the page and stops.

I scrolled this forum page to the bottom and clicked the Refresh button. The page reloaded, initially positioned at the top, and then it scrolled back to the bottom.

I scrolled this forum page to an arbitrary position in the middle (not the top or bottom) and it reloaded and held firm at the top. I tried the same on other pages. If the page is scrolled to the bottom, it reloads to the bottom. If it is scrolled anywhere else, it stays at the top.

I jumped directly from the forum listing to reply #3 by clicking the "Go to first new post" button (which you can simulate by clicking this link.

An immediate Refresh leaves the page in the same position.

However, try scrolling somewhere else, e.g., so the top of reply #2 is at the top of the window. Now click Refresh and watch the page position at the top, position at reply #3, and finally position back at the top.

Ok, I just did that several times. The first couple times it went back to #2 (and I would call that a bug.) Then one time it went to #3, and another it stuck at the top (I would also call that a bug.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
I scrolled this forum page to the bottom and clicked the Refresh button. The page reloaded, initially positioned at the top, and then it scrolled back to the bottom.
I had the same experience as you (and I just went to part way down, not all the way to the bottom.) Additionally, I made sure there was no anchor in the URL.