The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Erroneous Sync error messages in v1.8 [now fixed in 1.8.1] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I just sent this e-mail in to support, but also wanted to post here to see if anyone has any ideas what's going on...

I was checking to see if background sync is working, and when I sent OmniFocus on the iPhone to the background, waited a minute or two to give the sync a chance to finish, and then relaunched OmniFocus on the iPhone, I was met with an error message:

Unable to synchronize database with server. The operation couldn't be completed. Bad file descriptor.

It appears that background sync isn't working, and now my iPhone database appears to be corrupt as a result. No matter how I try and sync, I am now always getting this error. This error only started after I tested background syncing on the iPhone.

I am running the latest version of OmniFocus on the desktop (x 2, home and work), the latest version on the iPhone, the latest version on the iPad, and they are all syncing with the Omni Sync Server.

So... any ideas?