The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can someone point to a thread or link to examples of perspectives that people are using on the iPad & iPhone.

I have the Mac version on demo at the moment and i understand i can setup via the mac.

I can see the tickler perspective in a recent thread and was wondering whether there are other good examples that may be helpful to me.

I cant think of what else i need to know but if i see a perspective it might get my brain ticking with other ideas :)

A lot of folks use a "Due Soon or Flagged" perspective - here's a thread that includes info on making one. That lets you create a view with all your due soon items, plus any other ones you want to add (by flagging them).

Another use case would be setting up "Work" and "Home" perspectives, which lets you keep those sets of projects a little more distinct from each other. (Folks usually do this when they're trying to maintain a good work/life balance; here's a thread on that topic.)

Last edited by Brian; 2010-10-19 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: add second paragraph

Thanks Brian.

I actually dont fully understand how to set them up. I guess because its not a priority for me my focus isnt there.

Its seems overly complicated - to me atleast. Maybe this is where OmniF needs some updating - to reduce the learning curve on the extended features.

Or maybe im just lazy...