The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan 1.5 RC 2 Released! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniPlan 1.5 RC 2 is now available and is a free update for existing OmniPlan 1.x owners. Thanks to all you brave testers out there, we’re now closer than ever to releasing the final. If you find any issues in RC 2 please please please let us know as soon as you can. Also, if you’re a Leopard user we strongly recommend that you use OmniPlan 1.5 instead because there are some known issues between OmniPlan 1.1.2 and Leopard.

Highlights of this version include a permanent solution to prevent the overlaid progress meter that comes up for some slow operations from forcing Spaces to switch to the space containing the document window. If you previously disabled the progress meter entirely as we suggested in the release notes for OmniPlan-1.5 beta 3, they will remain disabled until specifically reenabled. In a Terminal window, type “defaults delete com.omnigroup.OmniPlan LongOperationIndicatorDisabled” We also patched up the Automatic Software Update interface in the Italian localization.

To learn more about all the changes in OmniPlan 1.5, please see the release notes for more details!

Please keep in mind that this release is still under development. Your feedback will help us improve the software, and we apologize if it breaks your computer, corrupts your files, and ruins your weekend. A more stable release is also available. As always, please let us know if you have any questions or comments. You can contact us directly via our support page or by using the Send Feedback feature in your copy of OmniPlan.

For current 1.5 beta users, you can use our nifty new software updater to download and install the new beta. For everyone else, go here to download the RC!

Using the OmniPlan 1.5.x updater fails every time for me. I've always had to do a manual upgrade. It's very much like the issue we had the the OmniFocus updater before it was fixed in the beta test. I've submitted an error report. It's a great feature when it works. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastorff View Post
Using the OmniPlan 1.5.x updater fails every time for me. I've always had to do a manual upgrade. It's very much like the issue we had the the OmniFocus updater before it was fixed in the beta test. I've submitted an error report. It's a great feature when it works. :)
Did you submit the error report to omniplan@omnigroup.com? If so, do you have the ticket number handy? I'd like to look this up and check out the details. If you have screenshots of any error messages you might have had during the upgrade, we'd love to see them (unless you already sent those in).

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
Did you submit the error report to omniplan@omnigroup.com? If so, do you have the ticket number handy? I'd like to look this up and check out the details. If you have screenshots of any error messages you might have had during the upgrade, we'd love to see them (unless you already sent those in).
As noted in my original post, I did send in the error report generated by Omniplan when the upgrade failed. I don't keep the confirmation emails though...a bad habit I developed during the OmniFocus alpha/beta period. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastorff View Post
As noted in my original post, I did send in the error report generated by Omniplan when the upgrade failed. I don't keep the confirmation emails though...a bad habit I developed during the OmniFocus alpha/beta period. ;)
Ah, we found the email and are looking into the problem. Thanks! :-)