The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

actions that reset if not completed by specified time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I realize that what I'm about to ask may go against the GTD grain, but it is part of my current process... so here goes.

I have a project called 'daily review' - in it are a list of actions that are part of my daily review. Ie, clean inbox, sync ipad, etc.

They are set to begin at 5 each day, be due at 7 each day, and start again 1 day after completion.

FYI, I don't use due dates a lot because I'm trying to get beyond deadline based working, but I think they are useful for specific things like this.

So, sometimes I can't do something on my review - I'm out of town and don't have my ipad - so, if on Day 1, everything is due, and I do some of it, but don't clean the list, on Day 2 I have some overdue actions. If I clean the list to 'reset' it on Day 2, the actions don't become available till Day 3.

What I would like is to make the actions so that if they don't get done by midnight on the day they are due, they reset automatically. That way I'm not beset by overdue actions that I now don't want to do till later in the day. I know it's just visual clutter, but that's the whole point. Does anyone know if there is a way to make a repeating action 'reset' at midnight if not done? There may be a simple way that I'm just not seeing...

thx

You cannot do that but I have a similar project and I think that you should put the start and due date on the project instead of on the individual tasks.

Set the project to begin at 5 each day, be due at 7 each day, and 'repeat every day'.

If you don't do them for a day, you just mark the overdue project completed and the next day will appear. If you missed more than a day you will have to mark a couple 'daily review' projects completed until you get the project for today.

I think this may have solved it. Thanks!