The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

cache issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sometimes in 5.1 a file would get stuck in the cache. For example, if I had a flash file calling one image, and I replaced that image with a different one, OW might still display the old image.

Reloading the page generally fixed the issue. If it didn't work, I could view just the image in the browser, hit reload and it would load the correct one. Then when I reloaded the swf, the correct image would display.

In sp11, I was just doing this, but no matter what I try the swf will not display the correct image. Even when I use the page info to see the image the swf loads, then view that image and hit reload, I see the new image but the swf continues to show the old one. If I view the page in webkit, it displays the correct image, so I know it's not something on my end.

I know I could flush all cache, but I would rather not do that. Times like these are where a site preference to not cache anything would be handy.