The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Email and Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have used OF on and off for 12 months, more recently I have been using it daily for project management, the only area I am struggling with is integrating this with email. I use Office for MAC and have installed the amazing script to import items straight in, but it feels a little cumbersome going between the two.
How do you run you email alongside OF?
Alan

Hey AlanB, welcome to the forums and thanks for using OmniFocus!

It looks like Office for Mac 2011 is going to include a Cocoa version of Outlook, which means that Microsoft should (hopefully) add support for the "Services Menu" feature of OS X. OmniFocus uses that feature of the OS to allow you to select an email (or a text selection from an email) and "clip" the information into a new task.

It's incredibly handy, but Entourage lacks the necessary code to send that text over to us.

In the meantime, you might want to use a different OmniFocus feature - it can use Mail.app to read specially formatted emails and convert them into actions. (Check the "Processing Mail messages into actions" for the basics of how this feature works.)

Just set up a special gMail or Hotmail account that you forward messages you'd like to make into actions along to. It will work best if Mail.app will subscribe to that email address, but not your regular mail, and if Entourage does not subscribe to the special mail-into-actions account.

Hi Brian

I've just installed Office for Mac and moved from Entourage to Outlook and was wondering how I use the Services Menu to clip information into a new task?

cheers

Peter

Welcome aboard, Pcasebow! Check this thread for more info on clipping from Outlook 2011.

I use Mac Outlook 2011 and use the script to send emails to Task in Omnifocus and its very helpful. However when i want to start replying to these emails am not able to quickly link back to that email in Mac Outlook 2011 or reply from within Omnifocus itself. Do you have a work around or script available for this?

Shall appreciate a quick reply

thanks for the welcome