The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weird message in Console Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Been having some issues with my system and spotlight indexing today so I've been watching the console closely. (yes it's like paint drying)

Saw this message pop up:
01/03/2010 17:48:07 [0x0-0x4e04e].com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5[722] Mon Mar 1 17:48:07 system.local OmniWeb[722] <Error>: The function `CGContextSetFontRenderingMode' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance. Please use `CGContextSetFontRenderingStyle' instead.

Hope it's of some use to someone at Omni.

C

They know about it -- it's an artifact of the copy of Webkit they are using, I believe, and not in Omni's code.

If you see something like this in the future and want to make sure someone at Omni actually sees it, you should use Help->Send Feedback or email omniweb@omnigroup.com, because there's no mechanism in place to make sure that they see all forum postings, but there is one to make sure they see all the email.

Thanks. Duly noted. Also realised plugged the post into the wrong subforum anyway. Apologies for the pollution.

C