The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recovering project folder and tasks inside Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been reviewing tasks and projects for a while tonight, deleting some old projects and organizing things. I just now noticed that one whole project folder and the included projects are gone. I don't think I deleted it by accident because when I got a message that something I was deleting included project or tasks, I would check those and usually move then where they belong (usually completed tasks). At one point, the program hung and I had the beach ball spinning for so long that I thought it had probably crashed. So, I'm not sure where they went.

Now, I want to get that project folder back. Ideally, I'd open up an old copy of the database and drag things over to the current database. However, I'd be happy enough to pull up a copy of the old database, take notes and then open up the current and put the tasks on back in. The missing stuff isn't very extensive, but I don't know what I've lost. However, if I go to a backup, I'll lose all the work I did in the reviewing and all.

I did have it synced to my iPhone. In 20/20 hindsight, I should have put my iPhone in airport mode and used Omnifocus on it to see the database as it was before the changes, but I didn't think of that soon enough.

So, what's the best way to proceed? Thanks!

- Liz