The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnigraffle 5.4 - text reflow issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After upgrading to 5.4, text has suddenly reflowed all over the place in a wireframe document that used to be fine.

Here's an image showing the problem:

See the "minutes" and "seconds" labels alongside the text fields. This happens everywhere in the document where I had this layout.

The label is part of a group with the text field and heading. The label text properties look like this:

I can fix the text by changing it to "Reflow to fit", but I have to do this now across 20 pages, several occurrences per page.

Please investigate this bug.

I had text that overflowed shapes - when I opened various drawings that had word wrap turned off across shapes they all appear to be turned on after upgrading this morning.

I'm also having problems with text wrapping, but mostly in strings that contain variables, e.g.:
Quote:
<%Document%> (Updated <%ModificationDate%>)
I can reproduce a problem in a number of ways, for example:
Quote:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrapping Bug.png
Views:	478
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	2497
and
Quote:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrapping Bug 2.png
Views:	463
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	2498
This was not a problem in 5.3.6, but was a problem when I tried 5.4 (at which time I downgraded back to 5.3.6). It is still a problem with 5.4.1.

Cheers,
Mitch

I'm still seeing massive flow issues in text boxes in 5.4.2. A simple text box that should fill with text over the full width of the box randomly wraps text at a certain point. Any work around or a new version to fix this? It really hampers laying out a doc at this point.
This is a simple text box and contains no variables. I can correct the wrapping by adjusting the anchors on the ruler at the top. Never had to do this in prior versions. Shouldn't the text obey the box size rather than the ruler if you're just creating a text field and have wrap to shape checked?

Last edited by Derin; 2012-09-26 at 07:22 AM..