The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Still problems with GPS/4S/Location Reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just give them a brief summary of the issue and link to this forum thread. Thanks!

Once I run OmniFocus, the location indicator goes on and stays on. When I look at it in the Location Services part of Settings, it's showing purple for OmniFocus. When I use the multitasking bar to kill OmniFocus so the app is not even running any more, it still shows purple in Settings.

And I never use the Map view, so it's turning on for some other reason. I'll write to the ninjas, but this is really annoying.

Dave, it sounds like you have a location reminder set up in OmniFocus. The indicator will behave as indicated as it needs to do region monitoring even when the app isn't running. Reminders will do exactly the same if you have a reminder set based on location. There's no distinction in the indicator between region monitoring and actively using the GPS.

Dave, do any of your contacts have locations assigned to them? (You can tell by looking at the icons next to each in the Context field - check the attached image for the meaning of the various icons next to your contexts.

If any of your contexts have locations attached, and have uncompleted actions, what you're seeing is expected. The region monitoring needs to be active to provide any location based reminders for those contexts.

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ContextIcons.png
Views:	500
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	2123  

Okay, I see now. I thought turning off "Show Alerts" under Location Reminders would stop it monitoring my location but apparently that's not the case. At least not always; it was off yesterday and still showing the indicator but today the indicator is not on. And I do have a couple of Contexts with (sadly overdue) uncompleted actions.

Thanks for the tip, i'll keep an eye on it. :)