The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature Request - Upgrade from Task to Project in Context View Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I would like to be able to grab a task while working in Context View and drag it out a notch to turn it into a project, just like you can in the Inbox.

Here's my logic: I'm trying to plan in Project View and do in Context View. So when I've cleaned out my inbox, there are some single action tasks that don't have a project - and after I've cleaned up, I can't see them in Project View.

This is good - if I don't have to plan how I'm going to do them, I don't want them in my planning space, cluttering it up.

But working out of Context View, I occasionally realize something is going to end up a project after all, and I grab them and try to drag them out a level to make a project out of them (like in the Inbox), but I can't do it.

It just feels like I should be able to upgrade a task to a project this way. In both Project and Context view you can change the project of a given task. But you can only upgrade a task to a project in Project View, and you can't see solo tasks in Project View, so you can't upgrade them without putting them back in your inbox.