The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Global plugin switching Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm producing some screen casts using iShowU and OmniDazzle. 'Dazzle does a great job of highlighting what I'm talking about during the cast.

One problem is that I have move the mouse off screen and select a different plugin every time I want to switch from, say, Focus to Flashlight. Is there a way to hop between plugins from the keyboard?

I tried scripting Dazzle with applescript, but the script editor says it doesn't have a dictionary. Too bad.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
-Mark

The only way I know to switch plug-ins is via the prefs pane, the menu extra or the dock icon. I would say that this has to be one of the top features that should be added to the next version - some means of cycling through the effects on the fly, and also some way to disable the effects you won't/don't use.

Indeed, this is one of the main features we'd like to add. Stay tuned!

Scripting support is on our radar as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Stay tuned!

Stay tuned??? Are you implying there is a new version to be realeased soon???????????

uhhh, all i can say is that this is something we want to do sooner than later. The work hasn't been done yet as we've been a bit distracted with all our other releases but we haven't forgotten about OmniDazzle :)

We remain tuned, but as we don't know when the next news bulletin will be broadcast it is becoming a bit difficult to stay awake. Alternatively, how about a weather report: which way is the wind blowing - to Scriptsville or to Keyboard Short Cut?

I thought the 1.0.1 release would have this.

Sorry everyone. OmniFocus and OmniPlan have been keeping us up late at night and we haven't been giving OmniDazzle the love it so rightly deserves.

We have not forgotten, but it is going to take us a little longer than expected to get this update out. I don't have a timeframe at the moment unfortunately, so feel free to take a nap, we'll wake you up.

Oh and both scripting and plug-in switching are things we want to do, will they be in the same release? It's possible, we'll see.

Any updates on this feature? I'd love to use OmniDazzle during some lectures.