The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lightweight GTD features Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm new to OO, and even newer to GTD, but I'm trying to set up some sort of system in OO to manage this.

I can't use Kinkless GTD cos I don't have Tiger, and in any case, I'm looking for a simpler system. But there are some basic things that I want to do, and I can't figure out how to do them in OO, or even whether it's possible:

1. How do you filter the display of nodes/rows so that only those with certain attributes (e.g. styles/checkboxes on or off) get displayed? It seems you can do this when you print, but not on screen.

2. I can't get the checkboxes to do anything useful, like hide rows that have been checked off, or change their style, or perform some other action. What are they for?

If these are, in effect feature requests, are there any workarounds I can use in the meantime - e.g. applescripts??

cheers for any advice,
andy

I agree with the original poster. I would be great to have some simple additions.

I contacted Omni Support back in May and they indicated that hiding checked items and other basic filtering might get added in the future.

Could Omni comment about what sort of time frame we might expect for such simple additions?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krogh
Could Omni comment about what sort of time frame we might expect for such simple additions?
The hiding of items based on the checkbox is something we want to implement in OO4. However, we don't have a time frame for OO4's release yet and we'd rather not string you along with a rolling ETA.

Sorry. We are taking everyone's feedback into account for OO4's development though.

--
Derek M.
Support Ninja
The Omni Group

Cool, thanks for the info.