The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Autocomplete projects doesn´t work? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It feels like this new function, where projects are automatically completed when the last task is done doesn´t work.
I have several projects where I checked off the last task on my iPhone, but the projects remain, and even in the desktop version the project is still there even if it is completly empty. Of course I have turned on the feature in the preference section. What am I doing wrong since it doesn´t work?

Works here for me. I can complete the last action on either the iPhone or the desktop and the project will be marked completed. The only thing I can suggest is are you using the latest version of both applications? Another thought is does it behave the same on newly created projects as well as legacy projects that were created before this feature was added?

It seems to work with projects created after the update, but all older projects cannot be autocompleted

I wondered if that might be the case. I've not gone back and changed any older projects to auto-complete.

Nicolas, the auto-complete flag is per-project. The preference controls whether or not newly-created projects are set to auto-complete by default - you can still turn that off for particular projects via the inspector, and if you want existing projects to auto-complete, you need to use the inspector to set them to auto-complete. (You can multi-select projects and set that flag on all of them at once - you don't have to do it project by project.)

And for an easier way to find the older projects, bring up a project/planning mode view, group and sort by added, and your oldest stuff will be at the bottom.

Also note that this option can be set/cleared on individual action groups, not just projects.