The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Licensing 3 Pro. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
30 hours ago I purchased 3 Pro. Download went well however when I came to license it refused saying that the license sent to me was not valid. Ever since then I have been trying to get something more than a form generated response to my request. I had a specific requirement for the programme and I have had to use other resources. The programme will only supply me with a template which is no good for what I want to do I presume it is because of no license..Very frustrating..Is this symptomatic of the usual support or lack thereof?

It's a holiday weekend!

Are you sure you are copying your name and license key correctly from the email, preferably by copy and paste?

Yes, copying and pasting. Appreciate holiday, but that does not occur all over the world. If not going to supply support perhaps sales should be halted for the period.

I take it you only deal with companies that offer live support 24 hours per day, every day?

Omni customer support should be in the office about 1 hour from the time of this posting. You can call them up on the telephone (+1-206-523-4152) and complain about the inadequate service, and get a refund if you request it within 30 days of purchase. Or you could have them help you with the problem.

He's being taken care of now! Thanks Bill.

Yes correct am used to 24/7 support. I am very adjustable when I know what is going on. Perhaps reference to that would have helped.

My current problem is that my extended Mac keyboard is not set up the same as my Macbook for some reason and is not responding to key instructions correctly. Any one had this problem and if so how did you get round it.

Thanks

if you are using osx leopard, you may modify keyboard and mouse settings in the keyboard and mouse preference panel.

In fact it is sometimes the case that mouse preferences become corrupted making the behavior of the first and second buttons identical, thus disabling contextual menus. It is one of the first things I 'fix' when certain clients tell me an application is 'broken.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian S. Newnham View Post
Yes correct am used to 24/7 support. I am very adjustable when I know what is going on. Perhaps reference to that would have helped.
Every automated email I've gotten from Omni over the years has said that they'll try to get back to me in a business day or two...

Are you fixed up, now? What ended up being the issue?
Quote:
My current problem is that my extended Mac keyboard is not set up the same as my Macbook for some reason and is not responding to key instructions correctly. Any one had this problem and if so how did you get round it.
Have you verified that the problem exists in a newly created account? There's quite a lot of state that is stored on a per-user basis (such as just about anything you can configure without having to enter an administrator password), and seeing if a problem persists in a newly created account is a good first step in determining if a problem might be due to a user preferences or data issue, or might be something more global.

Some examples of where the keyboard and keypresses aren't matching might also help isolate the cause.