The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Finally, Standalone QuickEntry and More! (Anxiety + OmniFocus) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've begged for months to get the good people over at OmniGroup to make QuickEntry separate from OmniFocus. Without going into too much detail, I think the screen real estate that OmniFocus occupies is Gigantuous, and scrolling my lengthy lists, even inside of a "View" can sometimes be a bit of a TimeKiller.

Whilst surfing 43Folders, I ran across a recent post that talked about using "Anxiety" as a Heads Up Display for OmniFocus. At first I thought it sounded like an enlightened "Wisdom of GTD" article, but what I found has improved OmniFocus for me exponentially.

Check out Anxiety here.
Check out the original post on this topic here.

I wont go into too much detail as it's pretty self-explanatory, but I would suggest you:

1. Create calendars in iCal that correspond to your OmniFocus context list.
2. Go into OmniFocus and drag your contexts onto their newly created corresponding calendars.
3. Sync to iCal.
4. Open Anxiety
5. ?
6. Profit :p

You can also use Anxiety as your QuickEntry by clicking the little check-mark in the upper-right corner of the application. While entering a project name did not work for me, I was able to assign a Context to the entry without leaving Anxiety. "@Browser: Research soup cans." will work, for instance. But, "@Browser: Research soup cans. [Finalize Chef Boyardee Doctoral Thesis]" doesn't work for some reason. Perhaps this is because it was a nested project (a project within a folder). You might have no problem with this if it's at the Library level.

Anyway, I hope this helps you as much as it did me. :)

Devn

I am just starting to use Anxiety and i noticed that, on synching, Omnifocus automatically assigns a context (@Errands) to anything that i just enter as a task. Does anyone know why it chooses that one? I don't see it set as a default anywhere.

Wow, I love the design of the anxiety application.

I'm kind of surprised how nicely this seems to be working!