The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No Next Action for parallel projects in Project view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.

I just created a new perspective in Project level view, in which I wanted to show all next actions within each project. I attached a screen shot of the filter settings.

So when I did this, I ended up with parallel project showing nothing, and sequential projects showing appropriate next actions. This surprised me a little, in that when I'm looking at a context view of next actions, it shows the "nexts" for parallel, sequential, and single-action list projects.

Is this desired/expected behavior?

Thanks,
Robin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Library.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1468  

I'm able to reproduce what you're seeing - I can't think of a reason that behavior would be beneficial, so I'm filing that as a bug. Very sorry for the trouble this is causing, and thanks for letting us know about it!

Okay, poking around in the development database, I found a previous bug report about the view bar misbehaving when "Next Action" and the "Group By" filters were both active.

Robin, if you switch to "Ungrouped", do your next actions show up?

It looks like things are the same regardless of the grouping...