The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating options? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just think of me then, I want an action that repeats on the penultimate working day of the month!

As WHP says, there is always a way around it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsbreath View Post
Just think of me then, I want an action that repeats on the penultimate working day of the month!

As WHP says, there is always a way around it!
I don't think I've ever seen desktop software that makes that calculation.

You are absolutely right. Setting the date to the 28th is about the best I can get!

Outlook for mac will let me select last day, last weekday, last weekend day, or any last Monday through Sunday for an event. Quick screen capture:

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlogan View Post
Outlook for mac will let me select last day, last weekday, last weekend day, or any last Monday through Sunday for an event. Quick screen capture:

Wow - no kidding. I guess, then, use outlook.

Or Omnifocus could add repeat functions. I've been able to do this in Outlook for 6-7 years at least on Windows...

I'm sorry, but this is insane: two threads on this, one almost 3 years long; Outlook can do it, and OMG Things can do it, but OmniFocus can't?

Ken? Are you there? This is INSANE.

OF is the reigning supreme king of the Mac/iDevice to-do apps, and it can't do this?

I was all ready to completely junk Things today, after years of using both concurrently, because I know OF is superior, and now I find out it can't do this.

Sorry, I'm appalled. Things is low rent compared to OF, and yet it can do this. Outlook is a disaster—a bloated piece of elephant rump—and yet it can do this.

Where are your brilliant programmers????????????

There are NO excuses for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsbreath View Post
Palm OS did that from the very beginning since at least 1996.

You can set a repeating action that repeats monthly on the last Friday of the month. Or any other day you choose.

Palm OS has much more robust repeating actions and still is head and shoulders above anything OF can do.

OK, I just set up five separate tasks for one of my weekday items. Now I only have about 20 tasks left to apply the same hack to = over 100 new tasks to create. :-)

Brian, I think you said about five pages ago in this thread:

"The best way to figure out what our customers want is to pay attention to what they tell us."

Over 100 postings in this and other threads over the course of a few years is not enough?

I have to say this really is the only thing preventing me from splashing out on a license for OF.....