The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating actions are cloned Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Has there been any progress on this bug? It is still happening with the latest version. I have an iPad, iPhone, and a mac desktop which is left on with omnifocus open all the time (acts as a server for other things too).

I have a few repeating daily or weekly actions that are by design supposed to repeat every day-- they are set up properly as "repeat every 1 day" or as required. They are specifically not "start again after" projects.

I am using the Omni sync server.

Throughout the day, I will bounce around to each of the clients as necessary, but I do most of my checking off from a mobile device. I almost always have an internet connection however, and I am led to believe that the sync is "near instantaneous." I can confirm it is pretty quick on the desktop, but I have seen lags with the mobiles (which I don't mind and can understand-- I don't need a battery sucking app).

However, if I am reading this thread correctly, we are advised to manually perform a full sync on our mobile devices each time we modify anything on the app before touching anything else to avoid this problem?

Perhaps a setting on the iOS apps is in order to toggle background syncing upon data change on or off (off, low, medium, high) so I can choose to drain my battery rather than deal with 30 duplicate self-cloning repeating daily tasks?