The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Growl v1.3 not getting notifications from OmniFocus [A: Update broke 'em; we'll fix.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just installed growl 1.3 from the app store, and I am getting notifications from dropbox and twitter.

However, even though OmniFocus is in the growl applications list and enabled (as are all the OF notifications), I can't provoke an OmniFocus notification out of it - for example by letting a task go overdue.

I can't see any OmniFocus settings that control growl notifications, and the impression I get from the OmniFocus documentation and release notes is that it should just work.

However, this is a very new version of growl.

Any one else have any luck?

Try relaunching OmniFocus? That fixed it for a few other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Try relaunching OmniFocus? That fixed it for a few other people.
Re-launched, rebooted - still no luck.

I have a similar problem with mail, no growl notifications at all. Didn't test with OF but it appears to be like this since I upgraded to lion. Maybe the old version does not work anymore and you now need to buy the new one from the store?

I think growl is known not to work with mail.

I have the version of growl from the app store, but OmniFocus bought directly from Omni - which might be relevent.

My fault, forgot to upgrade growl mail, now everything works again (including OF). I use the non-store version of both growl and OF, for reference.

Nerdy Detail: the binary file:

/Users/psidnell/Library/Application Support/Growl/Tickets/OmniFocus.growlTicket

Gets updated every time OmniFocus starts - but only if growl is running, so I assume OF is registering with Growl (over a socket?) when it starts and this is the file Growl uses to to store the registration info. If I delete the file then restart Growl it forgets about OF, but the file is recreated when OF re-registers with growl on startup.

So OmniFocus and Growl are communicating successfully - but for whatever reason, no notifications are being displayed.

I haven't managed to find any useful logging anywhere yet...

I installed Growl 1.3 and the notifications continued working for about a day, but now they've stopped, and I can't get them started again...

I'm also not receiving any Growl notifications from Omnifocus. I've got Growl 1.3 (from the MAS) and the latest OF (non-MAS). Anybody found a fix for this? Growl seems to be working for all my other supported apps.

To make sure, did you (a) activate OF in the Growl settings under "applications" and (b) configure what Growl should do when a new task becomes available/due/overdue within these settings?