The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parse tasks with transport text... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Today I had some problems with a small script using the 'parse tasks with transport text' AS command. After some investigation I was able to reproduce the reason for my confusion:

Create a folder
Create a project below this folder named 'Test 1'
Create a second project below this folder named 'Test'

Run the following AS snippet:

tell application "OmniFocus"
set theTaskText to "--Testtask >Test @Home"
tell default document
set theResult to parse tasks with transport text (theTaskText as rich text)
end tell
end tell

I would expect that the new task is created in 'Test', because that's the name I provided, but to my surprise it ends in 'Test 1'. If you change the order of 'Test' and 'Test 1', the task will be created in the right 'Test' project.

It looks like OF searches for the first project where parts of the name are equal to the given project name, no matter if there is a project with *exactly* the same name as the search pattern. Is this expected behavior?
Is there a way to ensure that my task will be created in the correct place?

A short test shows the same behaviour for the predefined mail rule in OF…

Thanks,
Tom

Hmmm... can I ask what version of OmniFocus do you have installed, and what version of the OS your Mac is running?

When I work through these steps with OmniFocus 1.8.2 on my 10.6.6 machine, the applescript creates the action inside the "Test" project, even when that's underneath the "Test 1" one in the sidebar. We did fix bug similar to this a while back - if you do have an earlier build of the app installed, maybe it predates that fix?

If neither the app version or the OS versions differ, can you email our support ninjas? It sounds like there's some small difference between our configurations that's causing your Mac to tickle a bug that my setup doesn't. We'd want to fix that. :-)

Thanks for the help with this!

This is on OF 1.8.2 (v77.71 r141655) & OSX 10.6.6, German localisation.
I'll contact the support ninjas. Thanks.

Tom